Friday, May 28, 2010

BEAUTIFUL BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS

This is a view from Altapass Overlook off the Blue Ridge Parkway that I took a couple of days ago!
We are bracing for a full campground of 144 sites for this Memorial Day Weekend…everything is reserved FULL!! I am working today from 3 PM thru closing at 9:30 PM to get over 100 sites checked in! We had about 14 sites check in yesterday. Wednesday and Thursday were supposed to be our days off, but I worked in the office while the woman who has been here several years restocked the store shelves with supplies. Tomorrow night the park will have a live band playing 50, 60 and 70’s music and I will be working the office/store! Dennis is working maintenance the next couple of days, so he will be finishing work as I begin my shift!

There have been several bear sightings reported...but we have not seen any bear yet, but lots of turkey and deer!


We are thinking of all of you on this Memorial Holiday and hoping that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

No comments: